My phone is not 'smart', it is at least seven years old, has been dropped down the stairs countless times and is not a touch screen (which turns out to be a blessing, given the number of times I've dropped it) so I don't have a huge amount of experience in the smart phone department. I do have an ipad though which is a little less mobile in that you can't have it in your pocket at all times but is able to run many of the same apps.
I think I've mentioned it before but one of my favourite apps is Flipboard which keeps all my RSS, YouTube and Twitter feeds in one place and presents it all in a kind of digital magazine with lots of pretty pictures that can be quickly flipped through. I also like using an app called Pocket which lets you save interesting things you've found online for reading offline later.
There are apps for word processing, watching videos, listening to music, playing games, studying, exercising, calculating...basically if you can think of something then there's an app for that.
Learning about mobile technology starts young these days
Like everything, some apps are more useful than others but mobile technology in general is extremely handy. It's amazing that we have the ability to carry mountains of information around with us, access our files from wherever we want and interact with others all over the world while we're at the gym, grocery shopping or relaxing on the beach. A decade ago this wasn't really possible, something my phone can attest to.
No comments:
Post a Comment